Anthem CDA is a church under the lordship of Jesus Christ and is submitted to the authority of the scriptures. We hold to the historic teachings of the church as expressed in the Apostles Creed and the Nicene Creed (shown below).
We have also listed a set of our core tenets. All of the statements can be derived from the historic confessions of faith and creeds. We have done this to make a succinct statement that is easy to read and clear in position.
We also understand that these statements or beliefs are not an exhaustive list of finer points of doctrine & theology. We believe it is better to wrestle with and discuss these types of beliefs and doctrines in a conversational atmosphere, such as over a cup of coffee, rather than a cold statement made on the internet.
- We believe IN ONE GOD, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. They are the same in substance, equal in power and glory.
- We believe the Bible, the 66 books of the Old and New Testament, is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and are therefore without error in their original writings. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus. He is fully God and fully man. Through Him, all things came into being and were created. He was before all things, and in Him, all things hold together by the word of His power.
- We believe that salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone.
- We believe that all are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ because all have sinned and fallen short of God’s glory and that only by God’s grace through faith are we saved.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. This unity transcends all worldly differences.
- We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer and follower of Jesus and that He is an abiding Helper, Teacher, and Guide. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and in the proper exercise of all the biblical gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the future visible return of Jesus Christ to judge the living and the dead and that He will establish His Kingdom on Earth as it is in Heaven.
The Nicene Creed
We believe in one God, the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible.
And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, begotten from the Father
before all ages, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made;
of the same essence as the Father. Through him, all things were made. For us and for our salvation
he came down from heaven; he became incarnate by the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary
and was made human. He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate; he suffered and was buried.
On the third day, he rose again, according to the Scriptures. He ascended to heaven and is
seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead.
His kingdom will never end. And we believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life.
He proceeds from the Father and the Son, and with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified.
He spoke through the prophets. We believe in one holy catholic(Global) and apostolic church. We affirm one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look forward to the resurrection of the dead, and to life in the world to come. Amen.
The Apostles Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended to the dead. On the third day he rose again; he ascended into heaven, is seated at the right hand of the Father, and will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic* church (*Global Church),
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.